11/24/09

Caricature – Michael Kan

(From Pip’s view)

I found my way into Smithfield and took to idling in the middle of the sun. Glancing around, nothing seemed out of place. An explosion of birds awoke me from my thoughts and I turned to see a man slam into the ground. He rolled and continued to run across the square, vaulting over crates and such as he ran. The figure wore a white robe and hood with plates of armour that did not belong to any of the authorities. The cleanliness of his robe suggested that he was not a common thief as did his expertise.

Suddenly, the robed man stopped and turned sharply, in my direction. He broke into a dash and I had not enough time to react. Without hesitating, he lunged forward and pushed me into a door, before I even lifted a finger.

“What’s your name?” hissed the robed figure.

Panicking, I blurted out “Pip”.

“Do you have any knowledge about a man named Cephas?”

“No sir.”

The man held me for a second, before releasing me.

“Since you have not screamed for help yet, I assume I shall let you live. My name is Zedock, I’m here for reasons you needn’t know.”

I noticed as he introduced him self, he constantly stretched and relaxed his right hand.

“Do you know the direction to Little Britain?” said Zedock, his tone much calmer then before.

I complied and gave him directions. Zedock said his thanks and swiftly began to scale the wall I was standing near. In but a few seconds he was gone, like a bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment